Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bastille Crack, Eldorado Canyon CO


I got out of clinic early on account that it was the first day. A quick call to Brody and I was on my way to meet him in Boulder with the intent to climb "One of the most classic climbs in the country", The Bastille Crack.

I took the first pitch, linking pitch one and two. It was super greasy, caused by so many people climbing it that the rock becomes smooth. This made it more unsettling than most other climbs of the same grade, not to mention that I was sweating from the direct sunlight. There is also a picturesque step from a flake into the crack, as shown above. Brody took the next pitch up and over some bulges to a large sloped shelf in a corner where he caught up to some slower German climbers who visiting Colorado as part of 6 month climbing tour of the US.
Starting our 3rd pitch up the corner past the sloped ledge.



I ended up following Brody up the 4th pitch with a headlamp. The descent was an easier down climb to a trail that took us down to the bottom. We were glad to have the headlamp.I love being back in Colorado!


1 comment:

  1. Bastille Crack is awesome, but I also found it greasier than your average bigmac. Dang classic 5.7's.

    ReplyDelete