Thursday, July 4, 2013

Colorado 14ers #1 & 2: Gray's Peak and Torrey's Peak



View from the top of Grays. In the distance to the left you can see Torreys Peak. 
I got out today for my first run in the hills of Colorado and decided to go after two 14ers that were close to each other; Grays Peak(14,278ft) and Torreys Peak(14,275ft). The trailhead was at 11,280ft which is high compared to the highest mountain in The East Bay were I usually run, Mt. Tamalpais (2,574ft), or even the Wasatch Range's higher peaks such as Lone Peak (11,253ft). It was a beautiful run. I was interested to see how I could do at elevation like this, as I have never been that high before. It was a push to get to the top and the trail was pretty busy so I had to pass a lot of people both going up and down. I was tired and felt the lack of oxygen for sure but felt that I held up well. Below are pictures and stats.



View to the North off of Torreys Peak. 
Stats:
Mileage RT: 8.25
Elevation Gain: 3600ft
Elapsed Time: Approx 2:45. 

I am diggin Colorado.


No comments:

Post a Comment