Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Norther Colorado is an option...

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity of spending a week at the Northern Colorado Podiatric Residency program. I had a great experience and was able to see what type of training they had to offer. I could see myself ending up there. I actually think that it would be good for me to get back to the mountains.  

While in Colorado for the week I stayed with Brody and Kiley Hatch, some old friends from forever back. Saturday morning Body took me up one of his favorite nearby climbs. It was a 6 pitch sport climb called Brown Palace on the main buttress of Mary's Bust that goes at 5.11a. Earlier in the week it had snowed over a foot in Fort Collins but the weather Saturday morning was superb.

My mighty Chrysler 300 on Wednesday morning. Rented this baby for only $10.99/day!



This is my creative side, getting both of us in the shot. The first pitch was a bit of a traverse. 


Brody

Setting up the rappel from the top. Dropped my water bottle lid from up here!

Rapping down pitch 6. 



Colorado is a state that I haven't really done much in. I have always attributed it to Utah being so awesome that I never had to go over there. Is it time for me to move there and check it out? Only time will tell.




No comments:

Post a Comment