Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012 Running Recap

Running is enjoyable. I'm not sure that I would call it "fun" necessarily but just enjoyable I just feel better after a good run. This past year running has allowed me to explore our Bay Area surroundings. Much of the time running this year I listened to medical school recordings while I prepared for upcoming exams including the huge boards part I exam. I would take any free time that I had and just run from the house and into the surrounding hills. I swear I have run almost every run-able route within a 15 mile radius! I was able to push my body to limits beyond what it has ever gone before both mentally and physically this year. Below is a summary of my running this year.

Notable Runs

  • Nualolo Trail to Nualolo Cliff Trail to Awa'awapuhi Trail; approx 13miles. Ran this beautiful trail along the spinous ridge tops of the rugged Napali Coast in Kauai, Hawaii while the sun was coming up! It was glorious.
  • Section of the Western States 100 trail to the top of Squaw Peak and down into the Alpine Meadows ski resort area; approx 19miles with a lot of elevation gain. The Western States trail is historic!
  • Dick Collins Firetrail 50 mile race. 
  • Grand Canyon R2R2R. 

Number of Runs: 86 runs
Total Miles Run: 1111 miles
Total Hours Run: 177.5 hrs
Average Run Distance: 13 miles
Average Run Time: 2hrs 3min
Longest Run Distance/Time: 50 miles/ 9hrs 2min




It was a great year! One of the most difficult things about this much running is the huge amount of time that it takes. I would like to publicly thank my wife, Kimber, for her support and putting up with all of my absence while running. She is the love of my life.


Now get out and RUN!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment